Your site should be your hardest-working investment.
It’s the home of your brand. It should also be your best sales tool.
A great B2B website addresses the needs of buyers at each stage of their purchase journey. First, it should reframe their problems and pain points — and then educate them on how your unique features and benefits deliver the optimal solution. It should give them a clear path to take action, while clarifying insights that reinforce why they should choose you over your competitor.
A bland or outdated site will sabotage your sales efforts.
Imagine that a potential customer was impressed after a first meeting with one of your salespeople. They left the discussion wanting more, but your site doesn’t deliver. The job of closing that sale just got harder.
Or worse, someone who is interested in what you have to offer finds your site through a search engine or by clicking a link on social media, but an underwhelming experience with your site sends them looking elsewhere. Now you’ve lost a lead before you even got a first meeting.
Don’t sabotage sales. Great web design and compelling messaging will propel your growth.
Schedule a free discovery call to make your site work harder.
Questions to ask yourself about your B2B website.
- Are the images beautiful? Properly lit, well composed professional photography is non-negotiable. The eyes are the gatekeepers to attention and interest. So, if your images don’t “wow” at first glance, you are harming your competitiveness. This isn’t a family scrapbook; it’s your professional reputation.
- Is the copy clear, consise and compelling? Are you highlighting their pain points before offering your solution? On your home page, how many sentences begin with “we” or your company name? Don’t rattle on about your service and products. You should first talk about their needs and then focus on the transformation that only you can provide.
- Are there videos throughout your site? Video is the ultimate sales medium (assuming it is well-produced and the proper length). Video has a 41% higher click-through rate than regular text.
- Does it look great on any device? Responsive web design automatically adjusts to fit any size of screen, from a large computer monitor or laptop to a tablet or smartphone. Over half of all web traffic is viewed on a mobile device, so don’t miss out.
- Is it easy to find the most important information? User experience design (UX) ensures that your site is simple to navigate. A good rule of thumb: if you have to click more than twice to get somewhere, it isn’t good UX.
- Is tracking set up correctly? Tracking collects statistical data about your visitor traffic, which can be aggregated into reports used to analyze the performance of your site content. Without tracking, you can’t know if you’re getting a good return on investment.
The three things your B2B website should do.
- Resonate visually and inspire confidence
- Answer questions and build anticipation
- Convert interest into inquiry
Why work with Blender?
We specialize in sales and marketing alignment. How your site helps bridge this divide should be part of the very first discussion you have with any web design agency.
We have experience designing sites for highly technical fields that convert site visitors into returning customers.
We know how to manage messages across multiple audiences. Every company in the B2B world must engage a wide range of decision makers. Putting pretty pictures and a bunch of product features online is not enough; your website must be aligned with your strategy, your company culture and your buyer personas.
Ready to enhance your marketing?
Do you have a project in mind or a question?
We're here to help.
Great work and easy to work with
“Blender has done numerous projects for us including two websites. They nailed the technical wording and the personality of our company. I have a very busy schedule and they make it easy to work with them.”