6 Examples of Really Effective B2B Marketing Growth Hacks
B2B marketing can be a challenge, which is why there is such a high demand for B2B marketing growth hacks. You’re often competing against well-funded rivals with large marketing budgets and large internal teams. Because of this, it can be extremely difficult to stand out in such a competitive environment.
However, if you find and leverage the right strategies, you can out-compete your rivals (even with a smaller budget).
To help steer you in the right direction, let’s take a look at 6 B2B marketing growth hacks that have the potential to supercharge your business growth.
What Is a B2B Marketing Growth Hack?
A marketing growth hack is a low-cost and creative way to acquire new customers or grow your business. Growth hacks are often used by startups and small businesses looking for innovative ways to scale their businesses quickly.
There are several different types of B2B marketing growth hacking. Some common examples include using social media platforms to drive word-of-mouth marketing, partnering with other businesses in complementary industries, and offering free trials or discounts to entice new customers.
Growth hacking for B2B businesses can be an effective way to grow your business quickly, but it’s important to remember that not all growth hacks will work for every business. It’s essential to test different growth hacking strategies and see what works best for your company.
What Are Some Good Examples of B2B Marketing Growth Hacks?
B2B marketing growth hacking is all about accelerating the sales process by finding creative and innovative ways to market your product or service. You can use several growth hacking strategies, but choosing the ones that will work best for your business is important.
One great way to increase sales is to write an email nurture series. These emails can be used to restart late-stage deals that have stalled out. You can also use them to celebrate customers who have made recent purchases.
Another effective strategy is to run celebration campaigns for current customers. This helps show your appreciation for their loyalty and may encourage them to make future purchases.
You should also consider marketing to existing customers. This can help you increase opportunities for upsells and cross-sells. Additionally, it can help keep customers longer, which will positively impact your revenue.
Some examples of successful B2B growth marketing hacks are as follows:
- LinkedIn Content Marketing: Boost your LinkedIn posts to increase visibility and build followers/engagement faster. Remember to invite people to follow your LinkedIn company page (limit 100-250/month). Be sure the page admin who does this is someone within your company with a large network of professionals in the industry you want to target.
- Influencer Marketing: Identify and connect with a worthy influencer in your industry who will champion your cause. Yes, this works even in B2B, it just looks different than asking a Tik Tok star to post a video. If a B2B brand champion or evangelist believes in your product/service and aligns with your company values, they may be open to accepting a seat on your board or advisory committee. Coordinate with them to use their influence to reach a larger audience than you would have alone.
- Speaking Engagements: Create a speaker bio and media kit for an SME or leader in your organization. Create an email script to reach out to podcasters, bloggers, and publications in your industry asking if they would like to feature one of your experts as a guest speaker or if they would be open to a guest blog post/article. Provide a range of relevant topics you can cover, so it is easy for them to make a “Yes” decision.
- Create a free trial or demo of your product or service: One of the best ways to generate interest in your business is to offer potential customers a free trial or demo of your product or service. This allows them to experience first-hand the value that your business can provide. Plus, it allows you to upsell them on your paid offerings down the line.
- Use retargeting ads: If someone has visited your website but didn’t take any action, such as signing up for your free trial or making a purchase, you can use retargeting ads to reach them again. These ads follow users around the web and remind them of your product or service, which can be just the nudge they need to finally take action.
- Prioritize SEO: Make sure your website and content are optimized for search engines so potential customers can easily find you when searching for businesses like yours. This means doing keyword research, creating quality content, and building links back to your site.
What Are Some B2B Growth Marketing Tips To Keep In Mind?
One digital marketing strategy that is growing in popularity is growth marketing. Growth marketing is a data-driven approach to marketing that focuses on acquiring and retaining customers.
There are several things that businesses should keep in mind if they want to be successful with growth marketing. Here are some tips:
Identify Your Target Audience
The first step to successful B2B growth strategies is identifying your target audience. Who are you trying to reach with your product or service? Once you know your target audience, you can create tailored marketing campaigns.
Create Compelling Content
You must create compelling content that resonates with your potential customers. This content should be designed to educate, entertain, and/or solve a problem for your target audience.
Use Data To Drive Decision Making
One of the benefits of growth marketing is that it is data-driven. Businesses should use data to guide their decision-making about growth marketing. Look at website traffic data, conversion rates, and customer engagement metrics.
Test & Iterate
Another benefit of growth marketing is that it allows for businesses to test different marketing strategies and tactics to see what works best for them. Try out different ideas and then track the results to see what works and what doesn’t. Then, you can adjust your approach as needed.
Focus on Customer Retention
Finally, focusing on customer retention is important when pursuing growth marketing. It’s not enough to simply acquire new customers; you also need to keep the ones you have. Work on creating a great customer experience and developing loyalty among your customer base.
Looking For More Marketing Tips, Guides, And Resources?
B2B growth hacking is all about experimenting, testing, and learning what works for your unique business. The examples shared in this article are a great starting point, but don’t be afraid to get creative and try new things. Keep the following tips in mind when you’re planning your next growth marketing campaign: be data-driven, focus on quality over quantity, test everything, and always be learning.